Rice Paper Rolls

00:38

Lately i've developed an obsession for rice paper rolls. They're the best way to get your veggies in and taste so fresh and yummy.

The possibilities are also endless when it comes to putting ingredients into the rice paper rolls. I love adding vermicelli noodles, sprouts, celery, avocado- anything I can think of, but these were the ingredients I had on hand today.


I generally start by prepping all my ingredients. I chop the veggies into thin sticks and then shred the lettuce. I also chop some fresh chilli's and a bit of mint to throw in. Coriander is also super delicious in them.


When it comes to making the actual rolls, I boil the kettle and pour the hot water onto a tray. Then I have a damp tea towel on hand. I get my rice paper roll and dip it in the hot water for about 15-20 seconds then 'dry' it on the tea towel. 

Next I grab my ingredients and put them just above the centre of the rice paper roll. I grab the top and pull it over the ingredients then pull in both sides and roll it up- so easy, that's all you have to do!


I love dipping them into tamari or making my own sauce. There's  a variety of dipping sauces on the net if you do a quick Google to find one that best suits your tastebuds.

(Some of these have chicken in them as my family refused to eat them otherwise- we're getting there, slowly!)

I love to make a big batch of these to last a couple of days as they are the best lunch/dinner and I always feel great after eating them as they are so fresh. It's also super fun to experiment with various ingredients in them.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe